Rules and Method of Word Association TestFormation ~ Psychology Test in SSB Interview
Word Association Test-
This is a normal test, which thepsychologist will conduct. The test includes exposing the students manually to60 words, which are general in nature, with a suitable gap of 15 seconds toform the sentences. The test is designed to check the practical intelligence ofthe students. In this test, unlike TAT the stimulus is better defined than thepicture, suitable written. If you recall, constructing of sentences is an oldpractice which we undergo in the primary level of schooling. The sentencesframed should be comprehensive, complete using the word effectively. Studentsshould include the word which has been shown by the assessor. In case ofomission of the specific words, utilizing its meaning in constructing ofsentence is advocated. Do not get involved in antonyms/ synonyms, which is notrequired in the testing.
Construction of sentences does nothave any binding implications, and the sentences therefore should be framedlogically and meaningful in nature. Do not tie down yourself by certainconditions and grammar; otherwise you will not be able to complete thesentences. Day to day visuals and experiences can be incorporated, idioms,phrases can be logically used and sermons and suggestion should be limited.Using high sounding English can be avoided. Remember, do not create a complexprofile rather help the assessor and practical intelligence, keeping mind,whatever you do in service Selection Board should be true and suiting yourpersonality rather than copying high profile students and landing you in stressrelated situations. Now-a-days majority of students apply for Armed Forceswhile working in call centers and BPO’s, whose English profile is much betterbut expression is poor grammatically. Language is the instrument to access andconvey conveniently and constructively. The words and sentences have beenframed to help the students in applying their mind successfully.
In the test a series of words areshown to the candidate in tie sequence. After seeing the word the candidate isrequired to write a sentence using that word directly or indirectly butconveying the sense of the original word.
There are 60 words which areselected on the basis of each factor of OLQcontributing 15 words.
The words are of two types: (1) + ve,(2) – ve.
For example Love and Haterespectively.
The sentences are of two types,i.e. Heavy Weight Sentences and Light Weight Sentence. The e.g. of these typesare as follows:
(1) He is a student ofGovt. High School (Light Weight).
(2) He is and intelligent,sincere, honest student (Heavy Weight).
Thereforein this test a heavy weight, sentence is used not the light weight sentence isused.
Rules of the Test
(1) 60 words ( +ve and –ve)
(2) Time: 15 sec/word (Tosee the word and write the sentence).
When theword is changed on the board, the psychologist on duty announces the word“NEXT”.
Methodsfor using + ve words:
TPSN Method: Third person Singular Number Method
Formula: A TPSN + OW + Other wordsTPSN –Third person singular number – 1st
OW –original word – 1st
Other words 3rd onwards
TPSN –she, a leader, an officer, an army officer, a manager, a scientist, a scholar,a proof, a doctor, an engineer, a captain, a citizen, a brave, etc. (showingleadership image).
A TPSNcan be qualified by a; prefix word of adjective like –good, efficient,intelligent, honest.
Originalword: noun, adjective, adverb, and verb.
Beauty,beautiful, beautifully, beautifying
(1) She loves her friendas brothers and sisters.
(2) An army officer loveshis soldiers as his own brothers.
(3) A scholar loves book tenhance his knowledge.
(4) A scientist lovesdiscoveries as his own creations.
(5) A good captain loveshis prayers to win the matches.
(6) A leader loves hisfollowers as his own supporters.
(1) A good officer accepts his duties.
(2) A brave accepts challengesof life boldly.
(3) A good manager acceptsuseful suggestions from his colleagues.
(4) A good student acceptslearning from his teacher.
(5) A scientist acceptsnew discoveries to benefit mankind.
(6) A good manage
(7) A good engineeraccepts new project to benefits society.
(1) A good army officerrewards his soldiers for their bravery.
(2) A captain rewards histeam-mates.
(3) A good manager rewardshis workers for their excellent performance.
(4) A principal rewardsstudents for high academic achievement.
(5) A good scientist rewardshis fellow scientist for their new innovation.
(1) An army officer sacrificeshis life for the nation.
(2) A good managersacrifices his personal comforts for the well-being of the organization.
(3) He sacrifices hispersonal interest to help others.
(4) A scientist sacrificeshis entire times for the new inventions.
*Note: preferably select Role PlayMethod.
This is copyright material taken from book published by Atlantic publication and written by Lt. Col Rajeev Devgan
DONT FORGET TO LIKE OUR FB and GOOGLE+ PAGE–
WORD ASSOCIATION TEST : PRACTICE SET 1
HOW TO WRITE NEGATIVE WORDS IN WORD ASSOCIATION
WORD ASSOCIATION TEST : PRACTICE SET 2
Psychology in SSB interview Psychology Test WORD ASSOCIATION TEST ← Previous Posts Next Posts →
I’m Deepak Tomar. I have completed my M.Tech in Computer Science and now i am working as a Govt. Employee in UP Police, I Love to help others and making friends, you can connect to me on facebook for any help- I will be happy to help you .