HIV testing be made Mendatory Before Marrigae as Group Discussion Topic in SSB Interview
This can be a serious and confusing topic in Group Discussion in SSB. Read it here with related points.
A) The Scourge
B) A measure to stop spreading of the disease
C) Ineffective Measure
- AIDS is dreaded disease. It is not curable, and is fatal.
- Man has conquered many diseases by discovering effective medicines and vaccines. Some, like small pox have been eradicated altogether. But some diseases like cancer and AIDS have remained elusive in spite of the best efforts of the scientists throughout the world. Perhaps Biotechnology may provide an answer to fight such diseases.
- The AIDS spreads through the body fluids of an infected person entering into the body of another person. T may be through blood transfusion or by repeated use of syringe for injecting several people. AIDS may also spread through sexual contact with an infected person.
- An infected person may initially lead a normal life for a number of years before the symptoms of the disease manifest. The incidence of infection however, ne easily revealed by HIV testing.
- In the absence of any medicine for the cure of AIDS, the only solution is to stop its spread by prevention.
A measure to stop spreading of the disease
- Pre-marital sex is common with men. Many young people leave their homes to take up jobs at far off places where they are forced to live alone. They feel lonely and go out to find sexual release with willing partners. Usually they are lured by fast girls who go around with boys for money. Many boys contact AIDS from such immoral girls and prostitutes. Since the symptoms of AIDS do not appear for many years, he may get married and infect his innocent partner.
- Society has become liberal these days. Boys and girls freely move around. With education and opportunities of employment the young boys and girls have become independent. The girls are emancipated. Some have steady partners and develop deep emotions for each other. Sooner or later sexual contact is inevitable. So the girls can also get infected before marriage. Mandatory testing of the couples before marriage is the only solution to stop the spread of AIDS through the sacred institution of the marriage.
- Any kind of mandatory testing is wrong. It is a violation of human rights. It is discriminatory in nature. It world be wrong on the part of Government to force the people to undergo. HIV test before marriage. We know the fate of compulsory sterilization programe during the emergency.
- It is not only young people who fall prey to AIDS before marriage. Even married people require caution. Many people contact AIDS through ex married relationships and they infect their partners. Such incidences are very common among people who make frequent business trips. What is the used HIV testing before marriage in such cases?
- In country where villagers and small towns do not have even a decrease hospital and laboratories, how can one expert people to get themselves testing for HIV? Even the expenditure involved, Rs. 5000 for testing is very high. How can young people especially poor people afford it?
- The government should consider making people aware of the danger of contracting AIDS. It should run awareness programmers throughout the country. AIDS counseling centers should be established to educate people about the preventive steps to avoid contacting AIDS.
- WHO INFLUENCE THE CHILD MOST
- HOW CAN IMAGE OF POLICE BE IMPROVED
- COACHING INSTITUTES IN INDIA: REASONS FOR THEIR EXPLOSION