IMPORTANT GROUP DISCUSSION/LECTURETTE TOPICS ~ SHOULD MILITARY TRAINING BE MADE COMPULSORY?
This is a post about necessity of military training in Indian institutes, it may be helpful for Group Discussion Preparation for your SSB Interview or for any other purpose.
- Short Service Commission
- India is a big country, N-S, E-W.We are diverse in our customs, traditions, culture and geography. We have ourown set of day-to –day problems which need to be resolved regularly. We facehostile nieghbours, natural calamities, political divide and many more issueson regular basis. The government is doing its best to resolve all these issued,but it needs public support to ensure peace.
- It has, therefore, become necessary to turn to youth and inculcate highmoral values, and instill a sense of discipline in our youth with the hope thatthey would eventually propel the country to prosperity.
- Today, the only institution of trust, confidence and integrity in India,is its Defence Forces. The young people can be sent for military training as partof their academic programme. They would emerge as confident, disciplined andhonest citizens. These attributes would stand them in good stead whateverprofession they go in, later in their lives.
- The military training of the youth would accrue another benefit also. A largecombat-ready reserve will be available all the time for immediate deployment incase of an emergency as a result of external threat or natural calamities anddisasters like flood, earthquakes, and draught.
- Today military training is extensively being used worldwide to develop akiller’s instinct training with amongst sportsmen. The Indian cricket team wasput through military training with Parachute Regiment in Bangalore. TheAustralian Cricket team attended a military camp where they spent time in theforest to develop comradeship amongst players.
- Everybody is an individual with differentattitudes, aptitudes and likings. One cannot ne forced to undergo militarytraining even for one or two years when he is at the most productive andcreative stage of his life.
- Military life is highly regimental and rigorous. Everybody cannot endureit. It will be sheer waste of money to try imparting military training to youngpeople who do not have aptitude for it. They would turn out to be half-bakedsoldiers.
- That is why, the Defence Forces have anelaborate system of selection procedure involving mental, physical andpsychological testing. It is a professional scientific approach where the bestis selected.
- In most of the Colleges and Universities in India, we have NCC. The bestthat can be done is to encourage the young people to join NCC in large numberson their own free will. The NCC training would give them necessary boost tocharacter-building.
- India is democratic country. One is free to go for a profession of hischoice. New avenues of lucrative occupations are emerging as India isprogressing economically. The career in Defense Services is no longer an optionof the young people.
- It is , therefore, necessary to make the career in Defense Forces morelucrative, attractive and adventurous. A scheme of short service commission canbe launched to invite adventurous youth to join it. Certain concessions can begranted to them in age relaxation for joining other civil services at theexpiry their Short Service Commission.
- A large number of military trained people will thus enter the civilpublic life at an early age and will become examples of integrity anddiscipline for others to emulate. The defence motto rightly reads. For a shorttime you will have the pride of being an officer but you will be a gentlemanfor the rest of your life.
- SHOULD HIV TESTING BE MADE MENDATORY BEFOR MARRIAGE
- GD TOPIC IN SSB ~ WHO INFLUENCE THE CHILD MOST
- HOW CAN IMAGE OF POLICE BE IMPROVED
GD and Lecturette Topics ← Previous Posts Next Posts →
I’m Deepak Tomar. I have completed my M.Tech in Computer Science and now i am working as a Govt. Employee in UP Police, I Love to help others and making friends, you can connect to me on facebook for any help- I will be happy to help you .